These vegan sugar cookies are topped with a perfectly sweet icing. Decorate them for your favorite occasion, or eat them plain if that’s what you prefer!
Perfect for a day of fun!
This Iced Vegan Sugar Cookie recipe is perfect for a day at home with the family! Everyone will have fun making this easy recipe and then cutting out and decorating their favorite shapes. Of course, these easy vegan sugar cookies are so good that no one will be able to blame you if you take on the project yourself!
Try having a cookie decorating contest! Whoever makes the best vegan sugar cookie wins! You decide the prizes, although I think I’d definitely choose an extra cookie.
Did you know that if you flip your ghost-shaped cookie cutter upside down, you can turn it into Santa, beard, hat, and all? A cupcake-shaped cookie cutter can become a box of popcorn! Experiment with different shapes for different occasions.
Don’t forget your decorations! Change up your icing colors too.
Have fun with it!
These cookies are kind of like a blank canvas for all of your decorating ideas!
Perfect Iced Vegan Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- food coloring Optional! Amount and color to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, mix your sugar, vegan butter, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt
- While stirring, gradually pour your mixed dry ingredients into your mixed wet ingredients
- Mix until a ball of dough forms
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick
- Using a cookie cutter or knife, cut out 30 cookies
- Place your cookies on a lined/greased baking sheet
- Place cookies in the oven and cook for 10 minutes
- After approx. 10 minutes, remove your cookies from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack
- While your cookies are cooling, combine your powdered sugar, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until your ideal texture is achieved.
- Optional: add your food coloring
- Once your cookies are cooled and your icing is made, decorate your cookies however you see fit!