Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo? Yes! This recipe (like all of the recipes on our site) is all vegan.
When you think of dishes that can easily be made vegan, you probably don’t think of fettuccine alfredo. It turns out, this very easy! In order to replicate the creamy texture that comes with a non-vegan fettuccine alfredo, this recipe uses cashews! We soak the (raw, unsalted) cashews in hot water for an hour before we start the rest of the recipe. That way, when it’s time to blend them in a food processor, they’re soft!
I don’t like fettuccine…
That’s okay! This recipe for the best vegan fettuccine alfredo does not use fettuccine, yes, but you can easily replace it with whatever type of noodle you do like! You could even try zucchini noodles!
We’ve also chosen to mix in some peas for an extra aspect of flavor. This is totally optional if you’re not a pea fan.
Sprinkle some vegan parmesan on top if you’d like, and you have an easy vegan fettuccine alfredo!
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Large Pot
- 16 oz fettuccine
- 5 oz silken tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt for taste and to salt water
- pepper to taste
- vegan parmesan to garnish
- 16 cups water to cook pasta
- For 1 hour: soak your raw unsalted cashews in water
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot
- Add your pasta, and cook until al dente
- Place your tofu, soaked cashews, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, canola oil, onion powder, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar into a food processor. Mix on high until smooth.
- Place your olive oil and onion in a saucepan on low heat. Cook until soft.
- Add your pasta and sauce to the saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add your peas to the saucepan. Cook for 1 minute
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!